LEARN what is LOW CARBOHYDRATE DIET & its importance/health benefits from nutrition expert Jyoti Chabria.
Why a low carb diet? Before you ask yourself this question, let us understand what carbohydrates mean. Carbohydrates convert into fat; therefore eating food that is rich in them can lead to obesity and other health problems. Carbohydrates are a great source of energy that keeps you lively throughout the day. Let us go deeper into understanding this subject. Here again being overweight can lead to a number of health problems. Therefore it is always advisable to follow a strict diet which includes a low carb intake.
A low carb Indian diet is perfect to keep you fit and healthy! Many people seem to believe that carbohydrates make you fat! This is not true. On the contrary, they are healthy or your body if taken in moderate quantities. Carbs have a number of advantages to them like- They boost you energy levels, transform your mood instantly and even boost your immune system to a great extent.
Who doesn’t want to look and feel fit? I’m sure we all do! If you want to transform your lifestyle into a healthy one, then do include carbohydrates into your diet and see the change for yourself!
Carbohydrates can be divided into 3 important groups listed below:
1. Sugar: This is one of the simplest forms that comes under the group of carbohydrates and that is sugar. It comes in various edibles like- vegetables, fruits and milk products.
2. Starch: Starch too is made of sugar units that are bonded together. Food items like- Rice, beans and a number of other grains contain starch.
3. Fiber: food rich in fiber is extremely beneficial for our system when it comes to digestion. It can curb constipation problems.
Carbohydrates are basically of two types: –
# The complex and the refined kind. Complex carbohydrates are foods that are white in color like and a few of which are made out of flour like – cookies, bread and pasta.
# Refines carbohydrates are plant based foods.
# There are a number of foods like flavored curd, tasty salads, and finger millets.
# Multi grain aata too is a great supplement of low carbohydrates.
# Talking of vegetables that are low in carbohydrates, you have the spinach, cabbage, soya and celery to name a few.
# Eat fresh fruits like avocados, lemons, oranges, mulberries and strawberries that are low carb fruits in order to keep fit.
Let us get a better understanding as to why a low carb diet is important:-
1. Kills hunger pangs: Eating food that is low in carbohydrates reduce hunger pangs and make you feel fuller. Oats, muesli etc are rich in fiber that fills the stomach.
3. Blood sugar control: A low carb diet consists of nuts and seeds, eggs, chicken, meat etc. By including these into your daily diet, you can keep diabetes at bay.
4. Controls cholesterol level: A low carb diet controls your cholesterol level in the body by removing the bad toxins. Avoid fat by consuming food which contains fewer carbohydrates.
Jyoti Chabria is a Consultant Dietitian for many major hospitals, colleges and corporates in India. She is a national award winner for her nutrition product line ‘Nutriline’.
With over 20 years of experience, she aims to create public awareness in the field of healthcare and conduct several camps and workshops.
For more videos subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/StylecrazeTV
Stylecraze Beauty Videos:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5h…
Stylecraze Yoga Videos :- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Bc…
Stylecraze Fitness Videos :- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Bc…